The door at a convenience store in Brooklyn wasn’t closing properly.
What caused this problem was an old door closer that was leaking and made the door slam shut. The store owner used a rope to hold the door open. Obviously, this presents a hazardous condition for customers and needs to be corrected quickly.
The repair consisted of:
- Removing the storefront glass door and the concealed overhead door closer (see photo below).
- Removing the old top arm and installing a new arm.
- Installing a new door closer.
- Putting the door back on its frame.
- Adjusting for proper closing speed.
Below you can see the opening and closing of the store entry door after the repair.