Overhead Concealed Door Closer
The door at a convenience store in Brooklyn wasn’t closing properly.
What caused this problem was an old door closer that was leaking and made the door slam shut. The store owner used a rope to hold the door open. Obviously, this presents a hazardous condition for customers and needs to be corrected quickly.
To fix this problem, we removed the door, replaced the door closer, and aligned it to ensure smooth opening and closing.
The repair consisted of:
- Removing the storefront glass door and the concealed overhead door closer (see photo below).
- Removing the old top arm and installing a new arm.
- Installing a new door closer.
- Putting the door back on its frame.
- Adjusting for proper closing speed.
Below you can see the opening and closing of the store entry door after the repair.