How to fix a metal door frame hinge and sagging door?
Over time the stress on the top hinge can eventually compromise or even break the weld points of the hinge reinforcements. This results in a sagging, improperly gapped door, or worse yet, an inoperable opening as you can see in the video below.
To fix a broken hinge, follow these steps:
- First, remove the door and the hinge attached to the reinforcement
- Then, drill welding holes in the area where the hinge reinforcement sits
- Clamp or hold the hinge reinforcement in the original place and plug weld
- Grind smooth, prime, paint, and rehang the door
How do you fix a metal door that scrapes against the floor?
- First, tighten the hinge screws in both the door and the jamb
- Use a screwdriver rather than a drill to avoid stripping the screw holes
- Screws can become loose over time, so this is something we recommend our clients do every year